Browse Our Collection Of Botanical Resources
Desert Botanical Garden Schilling Library features more than 9,000 books and 500 journal titles, focusing on native plants of our desert region.
Hours: Monday – Friday, noon – 4 p.m.
This collection is available for in-house use only. Topics include:
- Desert gardening, landscaping and sustainable practices
- Rare and endangered plants
- Desert natural history, ecology and wildlife
- Plant evolution and taxonomy
- Ethnobotany (people’s uses of and relationship with plants)
- Medicinal plants
- Botanical illustration
Browse rare books, historical materials and botanical prints. Available by appointment with a librarian.
Our outstanding collection of rare books and botanical art prints date from the 16th through the 19th centuries and reveal the early history of plant discovery.
Archived collections include the research materials of noted botanists Lyman Benson and Edward F. Anderson, as well as historic papers and photographs of the Garden.