Children’s programs give the opportunity to enjoy a variety of unique experiences while discovering the wonders of the Sonoran Desert in a safe and stimulating environment. We integrate a place-based focus on science, art, music, literature and social studies into our programs.
Schools & Groups
- Field Trips & Self Guided Tours - including Butterfly and STEAM focused tours.
- Teacher Workshops
- Digital Learning - designed for K-8 teachers, students and their families.
- Independent Learning
- Girl Scout Programs
Children & Families
- Early Childhood
- Family Classes - designed for families with children 5-12 although children 17 and under are welcome.
- Garden Camp Adventures
- Teen Programs
Self-Led Garden Exploration
Expect More Arizona
Together with Expert More Arizona, the Desert Botanical Garden and other arts and cultural organizations came together to create tools for parents to promote literacy through various hands-on and minds-on experiences.
- Desert Botanical Garden's activity sheet.
- A sheet for arts and culture organizations throughout Arizona.
Desert Detectives Bingo
Test your observation skills with fun bingo sheets that can be picked up at the admissions booth. Click here to download and print.
Children’s Program Cancelation Policies
- Refunds are available for cancelations made at least 10 business days prior to the event. Cancelations made less than 10 business days will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Programs may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. A full refund will be made in the event the Desert Botanical Garden cancels a program.
- Refunds will not be issued for missed class sessions or after program start date.
- A waiver of liability is required for all children’s programs.
- Please visit Desert Discovery Girl Scouts Program for Girl Scout cancelation policy information.
- Please visit Field Trip and Self-Guided Tours for those cancelation policies.
Children and family education programs are generously supported by The Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.