Spring Plant Sale
Friday, March 17 | 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Open to General Public:
Saturday, March 18 | 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, March 19 | 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Events Plaza Parking Lot
- Call: 480 941.1225
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily
- Visit the Admissions Box Office 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
Celebrate the gardening season at the Spring Plant Sale. As temperatures warm up Spring is the perfect time for upgrading your home landscape with new desert plants. Choose from more than 30,000 plants including cactus, succulents, trees, shrubs, groundcover, perennials, herbs/veggies, and other oddities. Garden volunteers and staff horticulturists will answer questions and assist in plant selections. Specimen-sized plants and delivery services available.
A large selection of unique bare root cactus will be available at the sale. Bare root plants are often easier to plant than container plants, as they are lighter and don’t require the digging of an extra-large hole.
Garden-related pottery, art and other specialties will be available. Members receive a 10% discount on all purchases when they present their membership card.
No admission charge to enter the Spring Plant Sale.
2017 Spring Plant Sale Frequently Asked Questions
Can I attend on Friday, March 17, if I’m not a member?
- The first day of the Plant Sale (March 17) is exclusively open to members only, as a special benefit of their Membership. Non-members will not be allowed to attend the sale that day. We hope to see you at the sale on March 18 & 19!
What is the admission to the Spring Plant Sale?
- Free on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
Will shopping carts be available during the Plant Sale?
- A limited number of shopping carts and flatbed carts will be available. We encourage guests to bring their own wagons or carts to ensure availability.
What types of plants will be available?
- We will not have a completely accurate list of plant available before the sale, but plant groups represented at the sale include Cactus, Agaves, Succulents, Trees, Shrubs, Penstemon, Perennials, Groundcover, Herbs/Veggies, Collector Oddities, New Introductions, and Hanging Baskets.
Will there be experts on‐site to answer my questions or give me suggestions on what plants might work best in my garden?
- Absolutely! The Gardens own horticulturists will be available for expert advice as well as many volunteers.
What forms of payment will be accepted at the Plant Sale?
- Cash, checks and credit cards
Will there be a guarantee on the plants purchased?
- Plants purchased at our Spring Plant Sale and Fall Plant Sale will not be refunded if they wither after event.
Where do customers pay for their purchases?
- Check‐out will be located in the Gardens Events Plaza Parking Lot.
Will help be available to get my plants to my vehicle?
- Yes, complimentary help will be available for customers. Volunteers can assist with loading plants into vehicles.