Children's programs give the opportunity to enjoy a variety of unique experiences while discovering the wonders of the Sonoran Desert in a safe and stimulating environment. We integrate a place-based focus on science, art, music, literature and social studies into our programs.
Schools & Groups
- Guided Field Trips - including Butterfly and STEAM focused tours.
- Self Guided Tours
- Teacher Workshops
- Digital Learning - designed for K-8 teachers and students
- Girl Scout Programs
Children & Families
Schools & Groups Cancelation Policy
- All cancelations must be submitted in writing to teacherRSVP@dbg.org and confirmed via email by Desert Botanical Garden. Phone cancelations will not be accepted.
- Full refunds are available for cancelations made at least 15 business days prior to scheduled guided tour.
- Cancelations made less than 15 business days prior to the event will incur a 30% cancelation fee unless rescheduling to a later date.
- Cancelations made within five business days of the program or not showing on the day of will not receive a refund even if rescheduling.
- If the event is canceled by the Desert Botanical Garden due to lack of payment, a 30% fee will apply.
- Tours will run as scheduled regardless of weather, unless contacted participants are contacted by Desert Botanical Garden staff either by phone or email.
Children & Families Program Cancelation Policy
- Refunds are available for cancelations made at least 10 business days prior to the event. Cancelations made less than 10 business days will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Programs may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. A full refund will be made in the event the Desert Botanical Garden cancels a program.
- Refunds will not be issued for missed class sessions or after program start date.
Programs will run as scheduled regardless of weather, unless contacted participants are contacted by Desert Botanical Garden staff either by phone or email.
Children and family education programs are generously supported by The Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.