Our Girl Scout Desert Discovery Program will create a fun and memorable experience for Girl Scouts as they learn about life in the desert. Girls will experience nature first-hand and will connect with each other and our desert community. Participants of each tour will receive a participation patch as they complete activities that help them fulfill requirements to earn Girl Scout badges.
Sonoran Search: Passport Exploration for the Sonoran Desert / Register
Program Fee: $10/Scout and $10/Guests
Play, learn and discover summer nights in the Sonoran Desert during a special evening of our popular Flashlight Tours program. Girl Scouts will receive a "passport" to help them navigate the different Flashlight Tour experiences. Complete three of five possible nighttime desert activities and receive a brand new Sonoran Search patch. All registered Girl Scouts will also receive a constellation keychain. All levels of Girl Scouts are welcome. Pre-registration is required.
Mission H2O / Register
Program Fee: $9/Scout and $9/Guests
Desert plants have amazing adaptations to help them collect, contain, and conserve water in the Sonoran Desert. Scouts will investigate these characteristics as they imagine a world inspired by desert plants, starting in their very own gardens. Available select dates October through May. Daisies, Brownies and Juniors are welcome. Pre-registration is required.
Bugs and Beyond / Register
Program Fee: $9/Scout and $9/Guests
Insects and other invertebrates thrive in the desert. Scouts will explore numerous desert habitats while learning how to identify five different insect species Available select dates October through May. Daisies, Brownies and Juniors are welcome. Pre-registration is required.
Bountiful Butterflies / Register
Program Fee: $11/Scout and $11/Guests
Scouts will learn about the life cycle and habitats of butterflies and visit the Butterfly Pavilion. Available select dates March through May. Daisies, Brownies and Juniors are welcome. Pre-registration is required.
Guided Program Capacity
The Garden reserves the right to combine Troops and Individual Girl Members to minimum program requirements of seven (7) participants for any given program. If minimum participation is not met for a date/time, the Garden will offer date/time for reschedule.
Scouts may be divided into groups by Education Staff based upon staff availability and number of scouts. Different troops and Individual Girl Members may be combined.
Chaperone Policy for Guided Programs:
- No more than one (1) adult for every two (2) Girl Scouts maximum at the discounted rate.
- Chaperones in excess of the 1:2 ratio will be invoiced to Troop contact at regular admission rates.
- Additional family members may go through Admissions and pay regular admission rates, however they will not be permitted to join the troop during the program to ensure a quality experience for the girls.
Paying for Your Visit
- Full Payment is due no later than 30 days prior to your scheduled tour.
- We accept checks and major credit cards. Make checks payable to Desert Botanical Garden and note the troop number and confirmation number from your ticket.
- Memberships and coupons may not be used toward guided tours as they are considered a special program.
- Checks will not be issued for refunds less than $10.
- Bookings of seven or more people will be charged a minimum of $63 regardless of actual attendance.
Send check payment to:
Desert Botanical Garden
Attn: Business Office
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Call or email Credit Card payment:
Phone: 480 481.8121 (Tues.-Fri.)
Cancelation and Refund Policy
- All cancelations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirmed via email by Desert Botanical Garden. Phone cancelations will not be accepted.
- Full refunds are available for cancelations made at least 15 business days prior to scheduled guided tour.
- Cancelations made less than 15 business days prior to the event will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Cancelations made within five business days of the program or not showing on the day of will not receive a refund.
- If the event is canceled by the Desert Botanical Garden due to lack of payment, a 30% fee will apply.
- Tours will run regardless of weather. There are no refunds due to inclement weather. The Garden reserves the right to close for safety during extreme weather conditions. In this case your visit will be rescheduled. To verify Garden status, please check dbg.org or call 480 481.8188.
For additional questions please contact the Children’s Registrar at 480 480.8121 or email@example.com Tuesday through Friday.