The Girl Scout Desert Discovery Program creates a fun and memorable experience for Girl Scouts as they learn about life in the desert. Girls experience nature first-hand and connect with each other and our desert community. Participants of each tour will receive a participation patch.
Programs - Click here to register
Saturday / October 14 / 10 a.m.-Noon
Sunday / April 15 / 1-3 p.m.
$11/Scout and $11/Guests
Metamorphose into a beautiful butterfly as you journey through the lifecycle from egg to adult and learn what a butterfly needs in order to thrive. Search for each part of the lifecycle when you visit the Garden’s butterfly pavilion.
Bugs and Beyond
Sunday / December 3 / 1-3 p.m.
Saturday / February 3 / 10 a.m. - Noon
$9/Scout and $9/Guests
Explore what defines a bug as observe nature and learn to identify different insect families and the habitats they call home. Design and build your own bug bracelet to take home.
Saturday / January 6 / 1-3 p.m.
Sunday / May 6 / 10 a.m. – Noon
$9/Scout and $9/Guests
Desert plants have amazing adaptations to help them collect, contain, and conserve water in the Sonoran Desert. Scouts will investigate these characteristics as they imagine a world inspired by desert plants, starting in their very own gardens.
Paying for Your Visit
- Payment is due at the time of registration. We accept checks and major credit cards. Make checks payable to Desert Botanical Garden and note the troop number and confirmation number from your ticket.
- Memberships and coupons may not be used toward Girl Scout programs.
- Checks will not be issued for refunds less than $10.
Cancelation and Refund Policy
- Cancelations must be submitted in writing only to email@example.com and confirmed via email by Desert Botanical Garden.
- Full refunds are available for cancelations made at least 15 business days prior to scheduled guided tour.
- Cancelations made less than 15 business days prior to the event will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Cancelations made within 5 business days or no-show the day of will not receive a refund.
- If the event is canceled by Desert Botanical Garden due to lack of payment, a 30% fee will apply.
- Tours run regardless of weather. There are no refunds due to weather. The Garden reserves the right to close for safety during extreme weather conditions. In this case your visit will be rescheduled.
Questions? Contact the Children's Registrar at 480 481.8121 Tuesday-Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.