Dogs' Day in the Garden
Come. Sit. Play.
Free with paid Garden admission or Membership.
$4 per dog, benefiting the Arizona Humane Society
Call: 480 481.8188 Visit the Admissions Box Office 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
The Garden has gone to the dogs! Take advantage of this special opportunity to bring the whole family, dogs included, to the Garden. Go for a walk on Garden trails, meet other dog lovers, heel for family photo opportunities, learn about local dog-related nonprofits, shop and enjoy samples with your pup, and experience a hands-on, canine-themed activity. Don’t miss this tail-wagging good time!
What’s included with the ticket?
- Admission to the Garden
- All ages craft activity
- Doga (dog yoga) (limited spaces available)
- A complimentary dog portrait by We Take Nice Pictures
- Access to the merchandise-filled BARKetplace
Full List of Garden Activities
Before you enter the Garden, near the Garden Entry:
- 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Arizona Humane Society Waggin’ Wheels Mobile Adoption Vehicle
- Arizona Humane Society Waggin’ Wheels Adoption Vehicle
Binns Wildflower Pavilion | 10:00 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1 p.m. and 1:30pm
Doga (Dog Yoga)
Take a twenty minute yoga break with your pup. Mats and instructors are provided by
Conscious Community Yoga
Cohn Tour Gathering Area
- 8 a.m.-10 a.m. Easy listening music by Jannelle Loes
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Guitar music by Chris Cleland
- 12:45-2 p.m. music on 6 and 12 string guitars by Jack Alves
Paletas Betty-Handmade Mexican frozen treats and cold brew coffee drinks
Cash Bar (10am-2pm)-mimosas, sodas, bottled water and other hair of the dog beverages
- Music by DJ Muchacho Mike
- Dog Caricatures by KateCreates and by She Draws You (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Wag N’ Wash-complimentary dog snack and store info
- Hands on activity for humans of all ages: Make and Take Collar Corsage
Dorrance Hall: Information and BARKetplace
- Arizona Humane Society Petique-pet supplies, apparel and accessories
- Canine Companions for Independence-nonprofit providing trained assistance dogs and support
- Camp Bow Wow Phoenix-giveaways and info about doggy day care, training and other services
- Creative Contributions-nonprofit funding vet care for shelter animals
- Furbabies Delectable Delights-all natural dog treats
- Goober Pet Direct- food, treats, accessories with free home delivery
- Guide Dogs for the Blind-nonprofit providing personalized training and post-training support
- Heidi’s Houndwear-stylish collars and leashes
- Hound St. Boutique-handmade dog walking bags
- Irwin Originals-Fleece and fur canine comfies, toys and more
- Kat Ku Modern Pet Photos-information about services and a session giveaway
- Modern Canine Services, LLC-Book: Keep Your Paws on the Road, and training services info
- Natural Paws-natural, sprayable remedies for skin, paws and ears
- Noble Beast-Dog treats, collars, toys, and more
- Origami Owl-wearable bling for dogs and their owners
- Pets on Wheels of Scottsdale-nonprofit providing canine companionship in nursing homes
Center for Desert Living Trail
- Take Nice Pictures (9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.)
- Complimentary digital dog portraits
- Photos will be available for download at flickr.com/photos/desertbotanical/albums and at facebook.com/wetakenicepictures
On Patio Café, relax with your pup and enjoy a leisurely lunch. Patio Café is open all day for drinks, lunch and snacks
At 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., enjoy Ivan Harshman (Acoustic Rock and Blues)
The Fine Print
Keep those paws and noses safe! Stay on the trail!
Dogs must be on a leash and remain on marked trails. Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations and registration. Handlers must pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of their waste. The Garden reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to other dogs or visitors. Dogs will only be admitted to the Garden between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Programming is subject to change.
Proceeds from today’s event benefit Arizona Humane Society