Dmitri Matheny Group Featuring Holly Pyle
Doors 5:30 p.m. | Concert 7-9 p.m
Members: $25 / General Public $30
Select date below to purchase tickets
Log in for member discount
Please log in to purchase tickets.
Call: 480 481.8188 Visit the Admissions Box Office 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
Voted “Jazz Instrumentalist of the Year” in this year’s Seattle Earshot Jazz Golden Ear Awards, flugelhornist Dmitri Matheny leads an all-star band featuring vocalist Holly Pyle in a program of jazz, blues, bossa nova and beyond. Matheny and Pyle will collaborate with several of the region’s top jazz artists, including Nick Manson keyboard, T-Bone Sistrunk bass and John Lewis drums.
Celebrated for her “soulfully graceful, liquid-like voice” (Phoenix New Times), Holly Pyle started out as an opera major before studying jazz and psychology at Northern Arizona University. Now one of the most popular vocalists in the Valley of the Sun, Holly performs with leading jazz groups, tours with the progressive soul-pop band House of Stairs, and appears regularly as a solo a-cappella act using electronic looping to build masterful sonic creations. Flugelhornist Dmitri Matheny has been lauded as “one of the most emotionally expressive improvisers of his generation” (International Review of Music).
An honors graduate of Berklee College of Music, Dmitri Matheny vaulted onto the jazz scene in the 1990s as the protégé of jazz legend Art Farmer. Since then he has garnered critical acclaim and a loyal international following, releasing eleven CDs and touring extensively throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.The San Francisco Chronicle calls Matheny “one of the jazz world’s most talented horn players.”
DINING AND BEVERAGE OPTIONS
Grilled Shrimp, Andouille and Pepper Skewer, Cheesy Grits, Grilled Vegetable Salad, Corn Muffin and Butter.
The Fine Print
- Restricted to ages 21 and up. Guests must be prepared to show proper identification.
- Children will not be admitted even if a parent or guardian is present.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted.
- Venue is open seating. Advanced ticket purchase recommended.
- All concerts take place outdoors on Ullman Terrace unless otherwise noted.
- In case of inclement weather, concerts will be held in Dorrance Hall.
- No refunds or exchanges on tickets purchased.
- Programming subject to change.
- For more information or to purchase tickets, contact our Call Center at 480.481.8188 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily or visit our Admissions Box Office from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily.