Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science Tours
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays | 10-10:45 a.m.
Free with paid Garden admission or membership
Arrive 15 minutes before tour time.
Tours are limited to 15 people.
Select date on calendar to register.
Please log in to purchase tickets.
- Call 480 941.1225 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Visit the Admissions Box Office | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science! Learn about the sustainable horticultural practices used by the Garden and see where our horticulture staff, researchers and volunteers grow, study and take care of our plants, including many rare, endangered and threatened species.
The 45-minute tour includes:
- Greenhouse West - a 5,300 square foot fully automated and environmentally controlled facility for housing thousands of the Garden's plants
- Marley Horticulture Learning Lab - an indoor/outdoor facility that hosts the Garden's Desert Landscape School and support new experiential learning opportunities
- Cohn Ironwood Courtyard - a space that encompasses and expands upon an existing outdoor area for use by staff and volunteers
Also featured in the Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science:
- Ottosen Great Wall – pays tribute to the beauty of Arizona’s geological features and provides a beautiful boundary between the public and behind-the-scenes work areas
- Sustainability – the Center’s sustainability features, including LEED and Living Building Challenge principles, smart siting of structures, passive solar design, repurposing of materials and plantings, and water harvesting are sponsored by SRP.
To sign up for a tour:
- Select desired tour day from calendar below
- Select quantity of tickets and add tickets to shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout by clicking the shopping cart and following steps to check out
- Order confirmation and tickets will be emailed immediately following purchase
- Print your tickets.
- Meet at the entrance of the Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science 15 minutes before tour is scheduled to begin.