Garden Sunset Photo Contest
Only one photo per entrant will be accepted, and it must depict a sunset at Desert Botanical Garden. Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, clarity, focus and beauty. Deadline to submit photos is July 29 at 5 p.m.
Judging will be conducted by a panel of Garden employees. The top 10 images from all entries received by the deadline that meet the criteria will be selected as finalists. The finalist photos will be posted on the Garden's Facebook page on August 1 and the winner will be selected by the public. Voting will end on August 7 at 5 p.m. The photograph with the most likes will win. The Garden will notify the winner and post the winning photo on all social media platforms by August 7 at 5 p.m.
The wining photo will be showcased on the Garden's website homepage for the month of August.
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Garden Sunset Photo Contest.”
- Save your jpeg image as ‘(YOUR INITIALS)_(DATE OF IMAGE).jpg.
- Only email entries will be accepted.
- Please do not send hard copies (prints).
- In email, include entrant’s full name, home/cell phone number and social media handles.
- Only one photo per entrant will be accepted.
Only one photo per entrant will be accepted. Late submissions will not be accepted. By submitting a photo, the entrant authorizes Desert Botanical Garden to utilize the image for promotional purposes in print, broadcast and online outlets, including use on social media sites. The Garden will receive full copyrights to winning photo. By submitting a photo, the entrant agrees to all contest rules and requirements, and attests that the photograph is the entrant’s own work and that the entrant owns all copyrights associated with it. Images sent via mail or social media will not be accepted.