- This event has passed.
DATES: Oct 2, 2018 - May 9, 2019
TIMES: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
PRICE: Free with general admission.
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science
45-minute tour includes:
- Greenhouse West – a 5,300-square-foot fully automated and environmentally controlled facility for housing thousands of the Garden’s plants
- Marley Horticulture Learning Lab – an indoor/outdoor facility that hosts the Garden’s Desert Landscape School and supports new experiential learning opportunities
- Cohn Ironwood Courtyard – a place for the Garden’s staff and volunteers to pause and reflect on the joys of gardening and the beauty of desert plants.
Also featured in Behind-the-Scenes Tour of the Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science:
- Ottosen Great Wall – pays tribute to the beauty of Arizona’s geological features and provides a beautiful boundary between the public and behind-the-scenes work areas.
- Sustainability – the Center was designed with sustainability in mind. Materials from the old horticulture facilities are re-purposed and integrated into the Center, melding the Garden’s history with the new structures that will carry into the future. Energy-saving design and mechanics, as well as water harvesting strategies, lessen the environmental impact and provide better conditions for plants and people alike. The Center’s sustainability initiatives are sponsored by SRP.
Meet at the entrance of Admissions 15 minutes before tour is scheduled to begin.