Music in the Garden Spring 2017: William Eaton & Friends
World and Desert-Inspired Contemporary
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. | Concert 7:30-9:30 p.m
Members: $25 / General Public $30
Select date below to purchase tickets
Log in for member discount
Please log in to purchase tickets.
- Call 480 481.8188 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Visit the Admissions Box Office | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Renowned musician and luthier William Eaton has conjured his music and innovative stringed instruments from the Arizona desert now for over four decades. Beyond boundary and stillness, William’s music is rooted within an indigenous past, yet expressive of a contemporary, changing, sonic landscape. Join William & Friends, and his innovative – one-of-a-kind stringed instruments - for an enchanting evening of music inspired by the desert elements and wildlife.
William Eaton designs and builds innovative guitars and stringed instruments and is a founder and Director of the Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery, in Phoenix, AZ. A four time GRAMMY nominee Eaton has recorded 16 albums for Canyon Records and tours nationally and internationally. In 2015 he received the Arizona Governor’s Arts Award in the ‘artist’ category. Eaton has composed for and performed with the William Eaton Ensemble, Nouveau West Chamber Orchestra, Nebraska Chamber Orchestra and Amadeus Trio among others. He has performed and collaborated with R. Carlos Nakai, Will Clipman, Claudia Tulip, Allen Ames, Mary Redhouse, Arvel Bird, Edgar Meyer, Anthony Mazzella and Fitzhugh Jenkins. Along with his wife Christine, William is the co-Director of Old Town Center for the Arts, in Cottonwood, Arizona.
DINING AND BEVERAGE OPTIONS
Concert Special: Grilled tri tip sliced on a French roll, mushrooms and onions, provolone, garlic mayo, Yukon fries.
Dine at Gertrude’s, the Garden’s restaurant, prior to the concert, or at the Patio Café in Ullman Terrace after doors are open. The Patio Café offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, snacks, and hot and cold drinks. Every week, a different special entrée is available for purchase at the chef-attended station by Fabulous Food Fine Catering and Events. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the boutique wine station and full cash bar.
The Fine Print
- Ages 21 and up. Guests must be prepared to show proper identification.
- Children will not be admitted even if a parent or guardian is present.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted.
- Venue is open seating. Advanced ticket purchase recommended.
- All concerts take place outdoors on Ullman Terrace unless otherwise noted.
- In case of inclement weather, concerts may be moved to Dorrance Hall.
- No refunds or exchanges on tickets purchased.
- Programming subject to change.