Music in the Garden Spring 2017: William Eaton & Friends
World and Desert-Inspired Contemporary
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. | Concert 7:30-9:30 p.m
Members: $25 / General Public $30
Select date below to purchase tickets
Log in for member discount
Please log in to purchase tickets.
- Call 480 481.8188 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Visit the Admissions Box Office | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Renowned musician and luthier William Eaton has conjured his music and innovative stringed instruments from the Arizona desert now for over four decades. Beyond boundary and stillness, William’s music is rooted within an indigenous past, yet expressive of a contemporary, changing, sonic landscape. Join William & Friends and his unique stringed instruments, for an enchanted evening of music inspired by the desert elements and wildlife.
For this special Garden concert William will debut his new group Earth Speak. Earth Speak includes flutist-vocalist Claudia Tulip, percussionist-vocalist Susannah Martin, and harp-bass guitar Bart Applewhite. The evening concert will feature new music devoted to the human and more-than-human world and our relationship to the natural environment and the miracle of Earth’s planetary biosphere. Earth Speak is connected to the rich oral tradition of our indigenous and contemporary ancestors and our mutual engagement in communicating with the plant, animal and elemental worlds.
DINING AND BEVERAGE OPTIONS
Concert Special: Grilled tri tip sliced on a French roll, mushrooms and onions, provolone, garlic mayo, Yukon fries.
Dine at Gertrude’s, the Garden’s restaurant, prior to the concert, or at the Patio Café in Ullman Terrace after doors are open. The Patio Café offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, snacks, and hot and cold drinks. Every week, a different special entrée is available for purchase at the chef-attended station by Fabulous Food Fine Catering and Events. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the boutique wine station and full cash bar.
The Fine Print
- Ages 21 and up. Guests must be prepared to show proper identification.
- Children will not be admitted even if a parent or guardian is present.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted.
- Venue is open seating. Advanced ticket purchase recommended.
- All concerts take place outdoors on Ullman Terrace unless otherwise noted.
- In case of inclement weather, concerts may be moved to Dorrance Hall.
- No refunds or exchanges on tickets purchased.
- Programming subject to change.