Education through Travel and Adventure
Ecotour of Raven's Nest and Sycamore Canyon
Now - September 27, 2014
Trip has been CANCELLED.
Friday - Saturday
Trip Limit: 8
- Vincent Pinto, ethnobotanist and wildlife biologist
Join us for an unforgettable exploration of Arizona's incomparable Sky Islands. Vincent Pinto, ethnobotanist and wildlife biologist, will be your guide for an in-depth exploration of the Sky Islands’ diverse ecosystem. We will start at Raven's Nest Nature Sanctuary where we will search for intriguing wildlife, followed by a relaxed natural history trip to Patagonia Lake State Park. We will spend Friday night at Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico. On Saturday, Pinto will lead a walk through the sublime Sycamore Canyon. The pace of this trip is slow to moderate with a focus on learning. While most of the terrain is flat, there are some areas of moderate elevation and loose gravel with potentially unstable footing.
Two-day trip includes:
- Expert guides and educational programming
- Accommodation for one night at Esplendor Resort (includes breakfast)
- Transportation to and from the Garden
- Transportation for all group activities in Garden vehicle
- Lunch on Friday and Saturday
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned