a new dinner series
The Seasonal Table: Wine & Dine
February 7, 2015
6 - 9 p.m.
Boppart Courtyard | Doors Open at 6 p.m.
The Seasonal Table is held in special Garden locations chosen for their beautiful settings. After a welcome drink and hors d’oeuvres, guests dine on a four-course dinner of fresh, locally sourced seasonal cuisine.
Dinners in the series:
- February 7: Wine & Dine featuring Benziger Family Wines (Purchase tickets above)
- March 14: Tequila Ole! featuring Blanchl Wines
- April 11: Dig into Spring featuring Folie á Deux Wines
Wine & Dine | February 7, 6 - 9 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.)
Members: $145 | General Public: $150
(price is per person for each dinner)
Wine & Dine celebrates the wide and varied culinary uses of wine. Each of the four courses will have wine as a special ingredient and will be carefully paired with a featured wine. Matthew Taylor, executive chef at Gertrude's restaurant, will be on hand to talk about your meal and featured wine representatives will discuss the selected wine pairings. The soulful styling of local jazz favorite, The Dmitri Matheny Group, completes the experience.
The Evening's Featured Winery
Benziger Family Winery
For more than thirty years, the Benziger family farmed their ranch on Sonoma Mountain and searched for Sonoma County’s most distinctive and expressive vineyards to practice certified Biodynamic, organic and sustainable farming methods. Every wine in the Benziger portfolio carries a certification of green farming practices. Whether the vineyard is certified sustainable, organic or Biodynamic, it’s carefully tended with the most eco-responsible methods available.
The Garden is pleased to have Chris Benziger, Partner and National Sales Manager - Chris officially joined the Benziger Family Winery in 1993 as a Brand Manager upon graduating from the University of San Francisco. In addition to sales responsibilities, Chris also oversees the home ranch and production of the Biodynamic preparations for all Benziger vineyards. Chris feels that the only way to communicate the quality of the wines he promotes is by having the soil from the vineyards under his nails.
The Evening's Menu
Menu Created by Gertrude’s Executive Chef, Matthew Taylor and Fabulous Food Fine Catering & Event’s Executive Chef, Gregory Reynolds.
- Tray Passed Welcome Drink
- Signature Drink
Hors d’oeuvre Station
- House Made Pickled Vegetables
- Smoked Duck Parfait with Red Wine Gelee
- Smoked Sturgeon Terrine
- Smoked Venison Sausage + Red Wine Mostard + Fossil Creek Pinot Cheese
- Served with House Baked Lahvosh + Red Wine Crackers
- Seared Scallop + Broccoli Rabe + Foie Gras + Chardonnay Butter Sauce
- Carolina Gold Rice Grits + Red Beets + Black Garlic + Granny Smith Apple + Fresh Horseradish
- Artisan Bread + Butter
- Cocoa Crusted Beef Tenderloin + Vanilla Parsnip Purée + Thumbelina Carrots + Sauce Bordelaise
- Red Wine Poached Pear + Shaft Bleu Cheese + Walnut Shortbread + Candied Beet Puree + Honey Kissed Cheddar
- Call 480 481.8188 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily
- Visit the Admissions Box Office (8 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily)
- Must be 21 or older to attend and must show proper identification to be admitted. No exceptions.
- Children will not be admitted even if parent or guardian is present.
- Event programming is subject to change.
- No outside food, beverage or alcohol may be brought into the Garden.
- No refunds, exchanges or rain dates.
- Advance ticket purchase recommended.
- Proceeds from this event benefit the Garden’s education, research and conservation programs.
- Event may be photographed for promotional purposes.
Additional Support Provided by: