The Desert Botanical Garden’s children’s programs provide your kids the opportunity to enjoy a variety of unique experiences while they discover the wonders of the Sonoran Desert in a safe and stimulating environment. We integrate a place-based focus on science, art, music, literature and social studies into all of our programs listed below.
Learn more and register for our Seedlings and Baby Boojums programs.
Learning Labs is a science enrichment program geared toward homeschooling families.
Create meaningful memories for the whole family when attending one of the Garden’s desert exploration programs about native plants and animals. Kids, parents and grandparents alike will leave with a shared enthusiasm for plants and animals around us!
These programs are designed for families with children ages four to 13, although children 17 and under are welcome. Limit 20 people per program. Price includes one child and one adult. Additional participants are 15% off the individual price.
Fun, hands-on, science-based camps for kids of all ages.
The Teens in the Garden (TIG) program is for 13 – 18 year olds who are interested in a fun and interactive plant-science adventure.
There is a lot to do at the Garden with your family! You can investigate butterflies at the Exploration Station, or search for plants and animals using our bingo sheets. The Garden can be a gateway to the Sonoran Desert with the help of these few simple and fun activities.
Expect More Arizona
Have you ever considered using the environment and science as a way to get your children excited about literacy? It is a natural connection that keeps young people engaged while learning new concepts. Together with Expert More Arizona, the Desert Botanical Garden and other arts and cultural organizations came together to create tools for parents to promote literacy through various hands-on and minds-on experiences. At the Garden, we use plants to enhance curiosity, wonder, and creativity. Visit our activity sheet below or search for other activity sheets at a variety of places statewide.
- Click here to download and print the Desert Botanical Garden's activity sheet.
- Click here to see activity sheets for arts and culture organizations throughout Arizona.
Desert Detectives Bingo
Test your observation skills with fun bingo sheets that can be picked up at the admissions booth. You'll learn to spot the many ways that desert plants are specially adapted to the Sonoran Desert's harsh climate as well as pick out the signs and sounds that the desert animals leave behind. You can even start early by printing them off now! Click here to download and print.
Explore the Garden through a guided tour while earning a Desert Discovery Activity Patch.
Browse our field trip programs to see overviews, fees and other information.
Discover resources to support teachers and students in and out of the classroom.
The Desert Botanical Garden’s Digital Learning website is designed for K-8 teachers, students and their families throughout Arizona.
Children’s Program Cancelation Policies
- Refunds are available for cancelations made at least 10 business days prior to the event. Cancelations made less than 10 business days will incur a 30% cancelation fee.
- Programs may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. A full refund will be made in the event the Desert Botanical Garden cancels a program.
- Refunds will not be issued for missed class sessions or after program start date.
- A waiver of liability is required for all children’s programs.
- Please visit Desert Discovery Girl Scouts Program for Girl Scout cancelation policy information.
- Please visit Field Trip and Self-Guided Tours for those cancelation policies.
Children and family education programs are generously supported by The Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.