To apply for an open position, please e-mail resume and letter of interest to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to: 480 481.8173, or mail to:
Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Digital Content Manager
The Digital Content Manager works with the Marketing Director to develop the Garden’s external voice and strategy in the digital medium to: attract guests, reach and retain existing members; generate new members, stir discussion and drive traffic to the Garden’s Web site and social media platforms. This position is the eyes and ears of the Garden’s brand as it appears online and participates in online conversations that surround the brand. This position acts as the Webmaster for dbg.org, dbgorg.local (internal Web site) and all social media platforms.
- Leading and managing the development of content for dbg.org, including repurposing articles from Garden print publications, videos, case studies and blogs.
- Coordinating the managing and testing of new functionalities on the Garden’s Website and serving as primary liaison between the Garden and Web company.
- Reviewing content on micro-sites, and as new satellite sites come online, working to ensure that each meets Garden standards.
- Continually documenting process and procedures for the Website, and maintaining Web maps.
- Designing and implementing the Garden’s social media marketing plans and strategies in conjunction with the overall Marketing plan for the department, and driving the strategy via testing and metrics.
- Developing and implementing the Garden’s social media guidelines including procedures to guide, coordinate and manage multiple social media initiatives.
- Managing, recruiting and developing content providers (staff, volunteers, fans) for social media efforts; coordinating the Garden’s email marketing and communications.
- Scheduling and executing the bi-weekly Garden News e-newsletter and continuing the email segmentation project.
- Coordinating with other email stakeholders.
- Working closely with service partners for the Garden Shop and Gertrude’s restaurant to ensure the Garden’s brand is maintained while revenue is generated, to include monitoring and advising staff with regard to their social media presence and ensuring that customer interaction is appropriate and responsive.
- Work closely with Garden Shop team to drive both online and in-store sales through social media and email campaigns.
- Coordinating the Garden Shop’s social media presence in the Garden’s programs.
- Managing online coupons for all departments.
- Training and supervising the Marketing department intern in the areas of social media, email, and Web marketing efforts.
- Managing the data warehouse.
- Investigating presented advertising opportunities, and researching new advertising vehicles.
- Representing the Marketing department on Garden committees.
- Updating search engine optimization, as appropriate.
- Representing the Garden at conferences, panels and workshops.
- Providing reports on the Website, social media, and email communications, and assisting with media relations, as needed.
Requirements include a Bachelor level degree in advertising, marketing, web development or communications; excellent writing and research skills, and the ability to produce editorial and technical writing output quickly; 3-5 years of work experience in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field; demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media; ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, and demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound; discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content; functional knowledge of, or experience with, HTML/CSS; knowledge of search engine optimization-think, including basic keyword research; excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment; eagerness to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility; outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; and ability to effectively communicate results to management in a fast-paced environment.
The benefits of regular employment at the Desert Botanical Garden include a competitive benefits package*, complimentary family membership, employee admissions exchange, wellness initiatives and discounts.
Reasonable accommodation may be made, where necessary, to allow a qualified individual to perform essential job functions. Honored as one of the 2012 Best Places to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, the Desert Botanical Garden is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity.
*subject to eligibility requirements