Come. Sit. Play
Dogs' Day in the Garden
November 16, 2014
8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The Garden has gone to the dogs! Take advantage of this special opportunity to bring the whole family, dogs included, to the Garden. Spend time in the “doghouse” with vendors sampling the best dog food and treats. Sit and listen to special presentations ranging from healthy dog treats to keeping dogs safe in the desert environment. Go for a walk on Garden trails, heel for family photo opportunities, and participate in craft activities for both children and dogs. Don’t miss this tail-wagging good time!
- Included with paid Garden admission. Become a member today for unlimited annual admission.
- Dog admission $4.00 each. Proceeds benefiting Arizona Humane Society.
- Doga (Dog Yoga) – Conscious Community Yoga
- 8:10 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 10:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m. - Dog in the Desert Safety Tips - Leighton Oosthuisen, Leighton Partners Dog Training
- 10:00 a.m. - First Aid for Your Dog – Malinda, Malinda’s Pampered Pets
- 11:00 a.m. - K-9 Police Demonstration – Sgt. Chris Coffee, Desert Dogs Police K-9 Trials
- 12:15 p.m. - Healthy Treats for Your Pet - Ken Furtado
- 1:00 p.m. - The Origins of Human-Dog Bonding - Dr. Clive D. L. Wynne, Professor, Arizona State University
- DJ Kyle 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Patio Café will be open for guests to purchase food and beverages.
- All dogs must be on a leash and remain on marked trails at all times.
- All dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and registrations.
- Handlers are required to pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of their waste.
- Desert Botanical Garden reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to other dogs or visitors.
- Dogs will only be admitted to the Garden between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Programming subject to change.