Come. Sit. Play
Dogs' Day in the Garden
Now - November 17, 2012
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The Garden has gone to the dogs! Take advantage of this special opportunity to bring the whole family, dogs included, to the Garden.
- Entrance to the Dogs' Day in the Garden is included with paid Garden admission.
- All dogs $1.00. Proceeds benefiting Arizona Humane Society.
- Admission tickets can be pre-purchased online in the upper right-hand corner or become a member today for unlimited annual admission.
- Members are free and must show Member ID to be admitted.
All presentations are in Boppart Courtyard
- 10:00 a.m. Wag n’ Wash Healthy Pet Center
Get an overview of general pet nutrition and discover the importance of a healthy diet from Wag n’ Wash Healthy Pet Center.
- 11:00 a.m. Desert Defense - Understanding Valley Fever
Join biochemist Randall Thomason for an enlightening discussion on what happens when a dog’s natural defense against Valley Fever breaks down. What are some of the possible causes and effects? Q & A will follow. Special samples of the new Desert Defense® Super-Botanical™ Formula will be available.
- 12:00 p.m. Valley Obedience - Dog Safety in Public
Learn about a variety of safety topics including how to meet dogs properly, what to do and not to do when in public places around other dogs, how to avoid fear and defensive aggression bites, and what to teach kids about dog safety.
- 1:00 p.m. Ken Furtado – Dog Treat Baking Demonstration
Come grab a complimentary home-made treat for your pooch, get tips and recipes from Chef Ken on preparing simple & healthy dog snacks, and learn about the debated BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods) diet for dogs with allergies.
- Spend time in the “doghouse” with vendors sampling the best dog food and treats.
- Go for a walk on Garden trails and heel for family photo opportunities, pet-friendly landscaping tips, and craft activities for both children and dogs. Don’t miss this tail wagging good time!
- All dogs must be on a leash and remain on marked trails at all times.
- All dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and registrations.
- Handlers are required to pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of their waste.
- Desert Botanical Garden reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to other dogs or visitors.
- Dogs will only be admitted during the event hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm. Dogs will not be allowed in the Butterfly Pavilion or Garden Shop.
sponsored in part by: