Kids Camps & Programs
Give your children the ultimate gift: a connection to nature. With Desert Botanical Garden's children’s programs, your kids can enjoy a variety of unique opportunities while they discover the wonders of the Sonoran Desert in a safe and stimulating environment.
We integrate a place-based focus on science, art, music, literature and social studies into all of our programs. We utilize the expertise of the Garden’s enthusiastic staff, dedicated volunteers, and diverse partnerships with other organizations to ensure high-quality offerings.
Whether you are looking for self-guided experiences or an engaging, in-depth program, the Garden is a fantastic resource you can count on year round. Our current programs for children and youth include:
A science-based enrichment program for preschoolers and their caregivers.
Science enrichment program geared toward homeschooling families.
Fun, hands-on, science-based camps for kids of all ages.
Explore the Garden through a guided tour while earning a Desert Discovery Activity Patch.
Children’s Program Cancellation Policies
- Refunds are available for cancellations made at least 10 business days prior to the event. Cancellations made less than 10 business days will incur a 30% cancellation fee.
- Programs may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. A full refund will be made in the event the Desert Botanical Garden cancels a program.
- Refunds will not be issued for missed class sessions or after program start date.
- A waiver of liability is required for all children’s programs.
- Please visit Desert Discovery Girl Scouts Program for cancellation policy information.
Create meaningful memories for the whole family when attending one of the Garden’s desert exploration programs. Kids, parents and grandparents alike will leave with a shared enthusiasm for plants and animals around us!
- Let's Plant a Song
- Saturday / March 28 / 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Class has been CANCELLED.
- Spring Star Party
- Friday / April 17 / 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Click here to register and for class description.
- Desert Book Club: The Three Little Javelinas by Susan Lowell
- Saturday / May 9 / 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Click here to register and for class description
It is never too early to make a connection with nature! Babies and toddlers explore the world around them in this fun and highly interactive program as we delve into the worlds of four insect friends: butterflies, ants, dragonflies and bees. Our trained and enthusiastic Garden staff and volunteers help your child develop hand and eye coordination, motor skills and curiosity in the dynamic world of the Sonoran Desert. Limit 12 children per class. Price includes one caregiver per child.
- Fridays / May 1, 8, 15 and 22
- Members: $40 / General Public: $45
There is a lot to do at the Garden with your family! You can investigate butterflies at the Exploration Station, or search for plants and animals using our bingo sheets. The Garden can be a gateway to the Sonoran Desert with the help of these few simple and fun activities.
Expect More Arizona
Have you ever considered using the environment and science as a way to get your children excited about literacy? It is a natural connection that keeps young people engaged while learning new concepts. Together with Expert More Arizona, the Desert Botanical Garden and other arts and cultural organizations came together to create tools for parents to promote literacy through various hands-on and minds-on experiences. At the Garden, we use plants to enhance curiosity, wonder, and creativity. Visit our activity sheet below or search for other activity sheets at a variety of places statewide.
- Click here to download and print the Desert Botanical Garden's activity sheet.
- Click here to see activity sheets for arts and culture organizations throughout Arizona.
Desert Detectives Bingo
Test your observation skills with fun bingo sheets that can be picked up at the admissions booth. You'll learn to spot the many ways that desert plants are specially adapted to the Sonoran Desert's harsh climate as well as pick out the signs and sounds that the desert animals leave behind. You can even start early by printing them off now! Click here to download and print.
Children and family education programs are generously supported by The Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation.