Education through Travel and Adventure
Under the Desert Dome
November 15, 2014 - November 16, 2014
This program has been CANCELLED. Please contact AdultEduc@dbg.org for more information.
Saturday – Sunday
- $439 per person double occupancy
- $495 per person single occupancy
This two-day program features some of the best and most influential destinations in Arizona. Our first stop is the Boyce Thompson Arboretum at the base of glorious Picketpost Mountain. There, we will walk the trails, set against the mountainous backdrop of the magnificent Sonoran Desert, and learn about plants native to the region as well as those from deserts throughout the world.
Then we will explore Biosphere 2, where five ecosystems—ocean with coral reef, mangrove wetlands, tropical rainforest, savannah grassland and fog desert—all exist under one roof. Finally, we will visit the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, a unique museum that blends a botanical garden, zoo, natural history museum, aquarium and art gallery in one.
Two-day trip includes:
- Roundtrip transportation in a luxury motor coach
- Professional driver and tour guide
- Admission to all the attractions visited
- Expert guides and educational programming
- Accommodation for one night at Sheraton Tucson Hotel & Suites (includes breakfast)
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned
- Gratuities to guide and driver