Education through Travel and Adventure
European River Cruise and Floriade World Horticultural Expo
Now - August 19, 2012
- Starting from $3,149 (per person, double occupancy)
- $4,548 (per person, single occupancy)
Join us aboard the elegant River Ambassador to sail through three countries, visiting some of the most exciting cities in Western Europe. Delight in the sights and sounds of this dynamic region. We will sail the Rhine and its Dutch and Belgian tributaries, experiencing the best of old and new world Europe.
We start in cosmopolitan Brussels, then visit sparkling Antwerp and sophisticated Maastricht before arriving in Venlo, Netherlands, home to Floriade 2012. This World Horticultural Expo is staged once every 10 years and features exquisite and exceptional flowers, plants, trees, fruits and vegetables. There are five themed exhibits, each with its own décor, and cultural programs of music, dance, literature, theater and visual art from all over the world.
Continuing to Cologne, we sail past a dreamy countryside rich with UNESCO World Heritage sites, imposing castles and quaint villages. Then we explore Cologne, one of Germany's oldest cities with its beautiful Gothic Cathedral.
The seven-night river cruise package includes:
- Luxurious accommodations in a riverview stateroom
- All meals onboard, including al fresco dining and special wine and food pairings
- Complimentary fine wines, choice of beer and soft drinks during lunch and dinner onboard; replenished bottled water daily in staterooms; and 24-hour specialty coffee and tea bar
- Epicurean program with chocolate demonstration and tasting, and a brewery visit with beer tasting
- Shore excursions with English-speaking local guides and state-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset systems
- Use of bicycles and nordic walking sticks throughout the cruise
- Signature lecture "A Unified Modern Europe" and onboard local entertainment
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
If you would like more information, please contact Steen Allard-Lawson at 480 481.8164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.