Members of the Desert Botanical Garden Research Department have a deep appreciation for desert life. Through your support, we are better able to understand and conserve the desert’s unique plant life, and reveal intricate relationships that exist among the plants, environments, and people in our desert region. We gain our knowledge through investigations conducted in four areas of research: conservation biology, plant systematics and evolution, ecology, and ethnobotany.
Gaining this understanding betters our chances to reverse the current trends of plant and animal extinctions, ecosystem degradation, and the shrinking capacity of some environments to support human populations.
Find out what we’re working on in our areas of research.
- Join us in our efforts to conserve threatened species and habitats
- Learn about the Central Arizona Conservation Alliance.
- Browse through our living plant collections
- Discover the many publications authored by our staff members
- Explore the Desert Plant Research Center
Get to know the dedicated people on our research and conservation staff.